ASPIRE 2023 Awards
It’s AWARDS time again! We know each of you have either just completed your state conference or are about to have your state conference, hence we want to know of those state recipients, are there any that should be awarded a regional award? Please take a moment to nominate deserving individuals for the following awards:
Recipients will be recognized at the ASPIRE Regional Conference in Park City, UT October 8-11, 2023. To nominate an individual, you must be a current ASPIRE member (nominators will be verified by the Membership Chair), and the eligibility criteria for each award are briefly described on the website. Please submit nominations by May 15, 2023. We will reply to all nominators to verify that we have received your nominations.
1. The TRIO Achiever candidate must be a former TRIO Project participant who was enrolled in and successfully completed a TRIO program in the ASPIRE region.
2. The TRIO Achiever candidate must have enrolled in and successfully completed a post-secondary program of study resulting in a baccalaureate or terminal degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
3. The TRIO Achiever candidate must be a person of high stature within his/her profession or has received recognition for outstanding academic achievement.
4. The TRIO Achiever candidate must currently be employed above the entry level designation for his/her profession or enrolled in a program for a degree above the baccalaureate degree.
5. The TRIO Achiever candidate must have made significant civic, community, or professional contributions.
6. Participation in the TRIO project must have had a significant impact upon the candidate in obtaining his/her educational and/or professional objectives (as acknowledged by the participant).
TRIO Achievers who are selected should be prepared to present a five minute address to the ASPIRE membership during the TRIO Achievers’ Luncheon at the 2023 conference in Park City, UT.
Nominees must be an ASPIRE member; must have been an employee in a TRIO program for three years or less at the time of their nomination (as verified by the Membership Chair); and must have excelled in providing services to TRIO and/or ASPIRE at the institutional, state, and/or regional levels.
Friend of ASPIRE:
ASPIRE members at an institution with a COE Institutional Membership may submit nominations (COE IM will be verified by the Development Chair). Nominees can be a President, Vice-President, Dean, or other non-TRIO individual at the institution or community who has demonstrated support of TRIO.
Champion of TRIO:
ASPIRE members may submit nominations. The recipient shall be selected and approved by the ASPIRE Board. Nominees must be elected public officials (includes Tribal Council Members); must serve constituents within the ASPIRE region; and must have demonstrated active support and advocacy of TRIO students and programs.