- SSS Proposal Writing: Where Are You Now?
September 28, 2019
12:30 pm - 4:30 pm
12:30 pm – 4:30 pm: Workshop: Checklist | Review
- FREE for all project staff with a 2019-20 paid ASPIRE Project Membership
- Purchase a Project Membership
- Cost for Non-Project Members is $250 per person
1-hour individual phone consultation to be scheduled after the conference
- 1 grant read per program
- 3 sections of the grant read and analyzed
- $100 charge per grant for both members and non-members
- *****Cannot be paid with grant funds*****
- $100 charge/grant (for everyone)[av_button_big label=’Pay $100 Grant Proposal Reading fee’ description_pos=’below’ link=’manually,https://aspireonline.org/product/sss-grant-proposal-reading-fee/’ link_target=” icon_select=’no’ icon=’ue800′ font=’entypo-fontello’ custom_font=’#ffffff’ color=’theme-color’ custom_bg=’#444444′ color_hover=’theme-color’ custom_bg_hover=’#444444′ av_uid=” custom_class=” admin_preview_bg=”][/av_button_big]
- Participants should submit a new draft copy of the top 3 areas you need help with to (in Word) to Averlanic@mtech.edu by September 23rd
Saturday, September 29, 2019
12:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Free with ASPIRE Project Membership
Student Support Services Proposal Check-In
With a tentative SSS Proposal due date in November, this four hour workshop provides a check in on preparing to submit a new SSS grant proposal for 2020-2025. The session will cover
- A Comprehensive Checklist and, if final RFP is issued, a walk-through the RFP
- Preparing the Budget for a New Grant Cycle
- Designing and Writing Effective Practices Competitive Preference Priorities
- Burning Questions
Session Presenters: Andrea Reeve, has more than 25 years of experience working as a grant writer, reviewer and editor and has presented numerous workshops on all TRIO program grant writing proposals for regional and state TRIO associations, and as a member of the COE grant proposal workshops faculty since 1997. Amy Verlanic has written numerous TRIO, NSF and other federal and state grants, is a member of the COE Grant writing faculties, and has presented grant writing workshops to state and regional TRIO associations. Both Amy and Andrea are on the COE On-Boarding On-Line courses faculty, COE Technical Assistance faculties (Legislation and Regulations, New Directors, Compliance) and COE Department of Education Training faculties, and have been active in state, regional TRIO associations and the national COE Board of Directors.
As a service to ASPIRE Program Members, your 2019-2020 grant proposal draft (3 sections of your choice, but we recommend Need, Objectives, Plan of Operation) can be reviewed by an experienced grant editor. The Review Fee for ASPIRE Program Members is $100, payable to ASPIRE, Inc. You must submit your new draft (3 sections) on-line (in Word) to Averlanic@mtech.edu by September 23rd. The review-edit will consist of a 45 minute phone call with the reviewer and the writer (or writing team). The reviewer will make review comments on the Word document and sent these comments before the phone call. Review consultations will be scheduled beginning October 9th – 17th.