September 24, 2019
The conference chairs, subcommittee volunteers and I are very excited to be hosting you at our upcoming annual conference. As the countdown begins, we want to be sure you know all that will be offered during your time in Colorado Springs! Your attendance and participation in pre-conferences, triathlon and opening keynote would be greatly appreciated since we have so much to offer you!
There will be a Silent Auction at the conference. Please bring your items. We will also be having a Casino Night.
On their behalf, I am sending a friendly reminder of all the activities you should plan on attending:
1) ASPIRE Leadership Institute on 9/28 and 9/29 (Current state and regional board members and those planning to be on ballot, along with Maureen Hoyler, Arnold Mitchem, and Past Presidents on morning of 9/29)
2) SSS Pre-Conference on 9/28 from 12:30 to 4:30pm
3) Three Pre-Conferences on morning of 9/29 beginning 8am to Noon and 9am to Noon
4) Opening Keynote, Angie Paccione, Director of Colorado Commission of Higher Education on 9/29 at 1:15 p.m. to 1:45pm.
5) Triathlon (Don’t let the name scare you, these are two to three activities that EVERYONE can participate in) from 2pm to 5:30pm. The 5K and 10 K RUN will be the competitive components to the TRIATHLON. All others are for enjoyment and networking. We will have a 5K and 10K Walk as well. There will be 2 competitive gifts and 2 non-competitive awards given out. The three sets of activities are listed on the ASPIRE website when you register for Triathlon. It still is not too late to register. Please be aware that you MUST REGISTER FOR YOUR ACTIVITIES PRIOR TO ARRIVING FOR CONFERENCE.
6) Welcome Celebration off site at Phantom’s Canyon across the street from Antlers Hotel from 5:30pm to 7:30pm
7) Newcomer’s Reception at 8:30pm (by Invitation only) in Founder’s Suite in Antlers Hotel