The following positions will be up for election this year on the ASPIRE Board:
President Elect and Secretary – descriptions below form.
Please complete the form by September 11th, 2020
Position Descriptions from ASPIRE Operating Guidelines:
2.3. President Elect
The President Elect shall:
- Serve with the same powers as the President in the absence of the President;
- Assume the Presidency for the remainder of the Presidential term in the event of the resignation or incapacitation of the President;
- Succeed to the office of President the year following his/her election as President Elect
- Assist the President as needed.
The President Elect shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Represent ASPIRE on the COE Board of Directors;
- Responsible for creating Strategic Plan;
- Chair the ALI Committee;
- Serve on ASPIRE committees as appropriate;
- At the request of ASPIRE President, represent ASPIRE at State Association meetings.
- Assist the President to prepare an Annual Report of ASPIRE for presentation to membership at the Annual Meeting;
- Convene a meeting of Presidents’ Legacy Council, consisting of ASPIRE Past Presidents at the Annual Conference.
- Select and present an award or gift of appreciation to the outgoing President at Annual Banquet;
- Select, in advance, committee chairpersons to serve during his/her term of office;
- Secure the conference site and dates to be held during their Past-President year (refer to conference handbook for details regarding contracts and other details);
- Facilitate the passing down of committee materials when a new chair takes over a committee. The materials should include a committee description, current Bylaws and Operating Guidelines, copies of forms, information and advice from the outgoing committee chair;
- Prepare a Board Manual (Operating Guidelines, Section 2.1.6, Board of Directors, Board Manual) for new Board members;
- Attend Policy Seminar
The Secretary shall serve as recording secretary for all Board meetings and business meetings of the general membership.
The Secretary shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Record minutes of Board meetings.
- Disseminate unapproved Board meeting minutes to Board members within one month of the Board meeting.
- Board minutes are corrected and approved by the Board at the following Board meeting or via e- business. Post approved minutes on the ASPIRE website within one month of Board approval.
- Serves as chair of the Bylaws Committee (see Bylaws Committee);
- Posts updated Bylaws on the website as amended;
- Sends updated Operating Guidelines to Board Members as amended;
- Prepare an “Action List” and distribute to Board Members following each meeting;
- Transfer any Board meeting Executive Session minutes to ASPIRE Archives as specified in Operating Guidelines Section 3.4 (Board Meetings, Executive Session);
- Record and disseminate minutes of business meetings of the general membership;
- Prepare a roster of Board members;
- Prepare new letterhead and distribute following each year’s elections;
- Maintain a list of Past Presidents;
- At the end of term of office, submit a file of approved minutes (electronically and to new Secretary and to the Archivist);
- Chair and/or serve on ASPIRE committees, as appropriate.