The TRIO Achiever candidate must:
- be a former TRIO project participant who was enrolled in and successfully completed a TRIO program in the ASPIRE region;
- have enrolled in and successfully completed a postsecondary program of study resulting in a bachelor’s or terminal degree from an accredited institution of higher education;
- be a person of high stature within their profession or have received recognition for outstanding academic achievement;
- currently be employed above the entry-level baccalaureate level;
- have made significant civic, community, or professional
Participation in a TRIO project must have had a significant impact upon the candidate in obtaining their professional objectives (as acknowledged by the participant).
PLEASE NOTE: TRIO Achievers who are selected should be prepared to present a five minute address to the ASPIRE membership during the TRIO Achievers’ Recognition at the 2021 conference.
To nominate a TRIO Achiever, please complete this nomination form and return it via e-mail, with required attachments, by May 28, 2021. Only complete applications will be considered
If you are unable to attach the documents to the form, please email them
Please attach the following:
- A letter of recommendation from the person(s) nominating the
- A 1-2 page resume, vitae, or statement indicating educational background; professional employment; academic and/or professional honors; professional, community, or civic contributions; and any other information pertinent to this
- A photograph of the nominee suitable for reproducing in the ASPIRE Conference
- A statement written by the nominee outlining her/his accomplishments and addressing the impact participation in a TRIO program had on her/his educational and/or professional objectives.
Please return by May 28, 2021 to ASPIRE Award Chair, Alison Grendahl: