The TRIO Achiever candidate must:
- be a former TRIO project participant who was enrolled in and successfully completed a TRIO program in the ASPIRE region;
- have enrolled in and successfully completed a postsecondary program of study resulting in a bachelor’s or terminal degree from an accredited institution of higher education;
- be a person of high stature within their profession or have received recognition for outstanding academic achievement;
- currently be employed above the entry-level baccalaureate level;
- have made significant civic, community, or professional
Participation in a TRIO project must have had a significant impact upon the candidate in obtaining their professional objectives (as acknowledged by the participant).
PLEASE NOTE: TRIO Achievers who are selected should be prepared to present a five minute address to the ASPIRE membership during the TRIO Achievers’ Recognition at the 2021 conference.
To nominate a TRIO Achiever, please complete this nomination form and return it via e-mail, with required attachments. Only complete applications will be considered
If you are unable to attach the documents to the form, please email them
Please attach the following:
- A letter of recommendation from the person(s) nominating the
- A 1-2 page resume, vitae, or statement indicating educational background; professional employment; academic and/or professional honors; professional, community, or civic contributions; and any other information pertinent to this
- A photograph of the nominee suitable for reproducing in the ASPIRE Conference
- A statement written by the nominee outlining their accomplishments and addressing the impact participation in a TRIO program had on her/his educational and/or professional objectives.
Please return to ASPIRE Award Chair, Alison Grendahl: